You might be lucky and make a good deal buying a used wood burning stove. It might be the wood burning stove you’ve been looking for for years.
Good advice for buying a new wood burning stove
When you’ve found a wood burning stove, it’s a good idea to check up on a few things. You can follow these five pieces of advice in order to ensure the best buy.
- Check for cracks in the window, scratches, cracks in the paint and more.
- The fire box should look neat and well kept. The insulation plates mustn’t have cracks or other damages.
- The door must shut tight.
- The hinges should function perfectly.
- The different air inlet controls should function perfectly and be able to open and close completely.
Do not cheat your neighbour
If you are about to sell your wood burning stove, you need to be aware of your country’s rules and regulations. You might be required to have a certificate which proves that your wood burning stone functions well.