1. Firing with wood prevents stress and decreases the blood pressure. Watching the flames, and listening to the crackling fire in the wood burning stove can reduce stress and decrease the blood pressure – especially if you light up your wood burning stove regularly.
2. The wood burning stove brings people together. Lighting a fire in the wood burning stove sets the mood for peaceful times together. It makes us want to get together by the fire and share a relaxing moment – without having to say a single word.
3. Firing with wood is CO2 neutral. When you fire correctly in your wood burning stove, you will not harm the environment, since firing correctly won’t emit harmful particles. To do so, it is important to use dry wood and the right amount of airflow.
4. A wood burning stove is easy to maintain. A wood burning stove can last for many years, and if you take good care of it, it only needs minimal maintenance.
5. Firing with wood is a cheap heating source. Actually, firing with wood is five times cheaper than using electric heating (Danish source: Teknologisk Institut).
6. Wood burning stoves create a cozy atmosphere. Sitting in front of a lit wood burning stove, listening to the crackling sounds, and watching the beautiful color of the flames, creates a cozy and meditative atmosphere, which brings calmness to the body and mind.
7. You will not emit any CO2 to the atmosphere, which is not already a part of the natural CO2 cycle. When wood burns it releases CO2. But nature is clever! Trees absorb this CO2. That is why it is so important to preserve the nature and plant new trees.
8. The wood burning stove can always provide heat. Since wood burning stoves do not use electricity, you can always get warm, even if the power is out. It might even enhance the cozy feeling – just imagine the flickering light from the flames, while the rest of the house is dark.
9. The wood burning stove contributes to a good indoor climate. A modern wood burning stove changes the air in the room it is in, and thus contributes to a good indoor climate. The stove also keeps the room warm and dry which prevents mold.
10. A wood burning stove makes your house a home. A wood burning stove is not just a wood burning stove. It is also a piece of furniture or an element of design. It plays a role in making the room homey and creates a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. Here’s some tips to design you living room with the wood burning stove at center.
Did you know that wood is not just wood? Always check the quality of the wood before you use it for firing in your wood burning stove. It plays a key role in firing environmentally friendly.